Sunday, July 19, 2009

Guilt

I knew when I brought a new kitty home that inevitably I would feel some guilt and regret for invading Izzy's space with another kitty. She has growled, hissed, and sulked. Last night out of nowhere, when Larry bent down to rub her belly, she attacked. Don't get me wrong, Izzy is a fiesty kitty, but last night she went crazy.

The new kitty, Oz, is locked up in his "safe room" until Izzy adjusts. I gave him a bunch of toys, that Izzy has always refused to play with. If the stuffed mice don't make noise, she wants nothing to do with them and jingly balls bore her. I figured that was safe. I didn't want her to get jealous over what he had in his room. Unfortunately one of the jingly balls ended up by the door and Izzy has parked herself outside that door, peering under trying to get a handle on what is lurking on the other side. She saw the ball and was not happy. Then with a little shaking paw she tried to get it out from under the door. That is what broke my heart. My little Izzy-plums paw shaking. I feel so very guilty.

As I type this though, Izzy has come over and is sprawled on my lap, purring, demanding belly rubs. She must not hate me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment